|TPGA editorial and support crew
[image: Selfie of red-headed white woman
and her handsome autistic teen son.]
Welcome! Our team created Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism (TPGA) to be the autism guide that didn’t exist when our autistic kids were first diagnosed. You can rely on this website, our vibrant Facebook community, our Twitter feed, and our book for evidence-based, compassionate, and useful information and discussions from autistic people themselves, parents, and professionals.
Here are some of the TPGA basics, if you’re new here. But please explore the hundreds of posts on our site, and our extensive Resources section, if what you’re looking for isn’t directly below.
–Shannon Des Roches Rosa
TPGA Senior Editor
- Welcome to the Autistic Community
- On Eye Contact
- How To Make Autistic Children’s Lives Easier
- On Autism, Aggression, and Self-Injury
- Autism Isn’t a Shell Around a “Normal” Child
- Autism and Anxiety
- How We Can All Do Better by Autistic Women and Girls
- Autistic, Gifted, and Black
Evaluating Autism Information